Would you like to find your path to the art of pottery ?
Members of this course have free access to the workshop during opening hours, and no limits on the amount of art work created. Drop by in your free time and create your ideal pieces. We provide pottery tools and aprons, so you won't need to bring anything.
If you need to take a break, we have a salon where you can have a cup of tea or coffee, or just enjoy chatting. The salon has reference books as well as internet access. Needless to say our staff will be available for you to consult on any matter.
||Free Time Course
||5,000 yen (Sales Tax excluded)
(a once only fee, payable on enrollment)
|Monthly basic charge
(Sales Tax excluded)
(Sales Tax excluded)
||"Yunomi" Japanese tea cup
about 850 yen
|"Yunomi" Japanese tea cup
about 500 yen
Electric Pottery Wheel Use
2000 yen (Sales Tax excluded) per month
Personal Tool box rental
1200 yen (Sales Tax excluded) per annum
Unlimited access to the workshop within opening hours
In the fifth week of the month, the workshop will be closed.
In unusual circumstances, opening hours may vary. We will notify members of this through "Tougen Monthly News" or on the notice board.
The workshop will be open on Sundays, Public Holidays and during Buddhist's ceremonial holiday periods.
- The Free Time Course has been designed for experienced persons or persons who have completed the Basic Beginner's Course
- A one off administration fee of 5000 yen (Sales Tax excluded) applies to all participants. The workshop will be available to you immediately after enrollment.
- There are two plans for the Free Time Course, the Standard Plan and the Entry Plan. The Entry Plan is suited to the person who makes a small number of art works. (eg. 5 "Yunomi" Japanese tea cups per month or less) The Standard Plan is suited to the person who makes large size pieces and a large number of art works. You can choose the plan according to your attendance and work pace. The service you receive won't be affected according to the plan you choose. Plans can be changed after consultation with staff.
- The material charge won't be applied unless you submit your art works for firing. The Entry Plan's material charge is 1.7 times more than the base of the Standard Plan. The material charge includes the cost of clay and glazing, firing and handling charges for mending. The details of the Ceramic Repair Service can be read here.
- The Electric Pottery Wheel monthly charge applies only to members who request to use this equipment. A Personal Tool Box can be rented for 1200 yen (Sales Tax excluded) per annum. More details regarding the use of electric pottery wheels can be seen here in extra info.
- The workshop will be available for you anytime within opening hours.
Although continuous assistance by staff is not offered in this course, staff will be available to help you, when you need it .
- A limited number of electric pottery wheels are available for members, so we have a reservation system for their use. You may book 2 sessions per week. One session consists of 2 hours. In the third week of the month, we put a reservation sheet up on the notice board. Write your name down for the sessions you want.
- To be specific, you can temporarily book and use the electric pottery wheels on the day you visit if there are no prior bookings for that session. This temporary arrangement will not be count as a regular booking.
Please take note: if the person booked does not come on time for the session, the reservation may be cancelled.
- Even though there is no course available specifically for pottery wheel throwing, staff can assist you.