Aiming to learn the fundamentals of the art of ceramics.
The original curriculum has been developed by staff members, targeting total beginners to the art of pottery who are aiming to learn not only how to make pots, but also the characteristics of the materials, and basic structure of objects. We even provide you with a workbook. During the lessons, you will be fully assisted by staff. If you have questions or problems, even outside lesson times, please do not hesitate to ask assistance from the staff at any time.
||Basic Beginners Course
|Basic Monthly Charge
||15,000 yen (excluding sales tax)
3 month course
One lesson a week, Two hours per lesson
Attendance at lessons is required.
Members of this course also have free access to the workshop during opening hours, in addition to lesson times.
In the fifth week of the month no lessons will be held.
- This Basic Beginners Course has been designed for total beginners to pottery making.
- The lesson charge is fixed at 15,000 yen per month (excluding sales tax). No additional charge is required. The material charge ( as well as the Ceramic Repair Service) is included in the basic monthly charge.
- Lessons start from the first week of the month. You can choose from three different lesson days (available lesson days and times vary depending on the month in which lessons are commenced ). Lessons are to be taken at the same time and same day of the week for the three month period of the course.
For example, students who commence lessons in January, can choose a set time for their lessons according to the "Odd Numbered Months" schedule. In the case that a student chooses to take lessons on Fridays from 6pm, they will continue having their lessons on that day and time for the entire three month period.
If you have difficulties attending at your chosen lesson time, you can arrange an alternative lesson time in consultation with staff.
- In addition to lesson times, you have free access to the workshop the same as Free Time Course members, during opening hours.（no additional charge is required） For details of opening hours, see the Free Time Course.
- When visiting the workshop at times other than lesson times, only occasional assistance from staff can be offered when you have questions or problems.
- Completion of the Basic Beginners Course entitles you to enrol in the Free Time Course.
Details of the Curriculum
The Basic Beginners Course aims to help students master the techniques necessary to make five pottery forms, in a 3 month period. The curriculum has been developed by staff members of this club to enable students to learn the basics of pottery through enjoyable activities. It is not designed to make ceramic ware without creativity, but to gain the skills necessary to create various forms of objects through learning the characteristics of materials and the basic structures of three dimensional objects.
Each pottery form involves more than one task. Completing the tasks will enable you to expand your skill to create art works.
For the details of curriculum, click here. It will open the description window.